As Arcam’s most affordable CD player the CD17 is an ideal introduction to the world of serious music playback. Arcam have been building CD players for more than twenty years. All that experience is brought to bear in the CD17 along with the very latest DAC technologies and hundreds of hours of critical listening.
Since the introduction of its multi-award winning “Alpha” CD player of the late 1980s, the Arcam name has become synonymous with affordable HiFi of outstanding quality. In the intervening years Arcam’s CD playback technology has developed to a point where its players often compete with considerably more expensive products. The CD17 is Arcam’s new entry level CD player and draws on a wealth of experience in the field.
The CD17 offers astonishing musical reproduction from CDs. The all important Digital to Analogue conversion is carried out by the very latest Wolfson 8741 DAC driven by an extremely accurate digital clock and audiophile grade supporting components.
Electromagnetic interference (EMI), which would normally mask fine details in similar players, is dramatically reduced using Arcam’s proprietary “Mask of Silence” technology. The use of “Stealth Mat” (unique metal fibre matting) further diffuses EMI to help reproduce every nuance of each recording.
The CD17s power supply uses a toroid transformer together with individually regulated supplies to digital, analogue and servo sections providing extremely stable power with minimal noise. Case construction uses a mix of aluminium and steel to reduce resonance and afford maximum electronic screening for the internal components.
The resulting sound quality ensures a truly thrilling insight even with complex recordings. As part of Arcam’s FMJ line of high performance separates, the CD17 is an ideal partner for the new A18 and A28 integrated amplifiers.
Digital to Analogue System
• Latest Wolfson 8741 DACs operating in differential mode
• Output stage design derived from range topping FMJ AV9 processor
• High precision clock with individually buffered clock outputs
• Anti clipping processing to prevent distortion from CDs with very high output level
• Two pairs of RCA phono outputs for multi room use or direct recording
• Coax (phono) and optical (Toslink) digital outputs
• Toroid mains transformer
• Separate, high capacity power supplies for analogue, servo and digital sections
• Each supply individually regulated
• Separate ground returns (“Star” earth) for each power supply to prevent inter-stage noise
• Switchable mains power inlet 110-120v / 220-240v
• Supplied with CR10 system remote control
• All gold plated output connectors
• Large, custom VFD display
• Size – 430mm (17”) wide, 290mm (11.4”) deep, 85mm (3.3”) high
• Weight 5.1kg (11.2lbs) nett, 7.0kg (15.4lbs) packed