The CL50 is a two-way satellite speaker housing a single 5" C-CAM® bass driver and a 1" C-CAM gold dome tweeter. The C-CAM tweeter and bass/mid-range drivers are designed to capture the detailed highs and dynamic lows of every performance. Developed and refined by Monitor Audio over many years for accurate reproduction and robust reliability, C-CAM is an innovative alloy originally conceived by the aerospace industry for use in jet engines.
Mounted at either end of each CL cabinet is a heavy duty bracket, designed for 175º of horizontal or vertical rotation in small non-slip increments. Magnetic end caps protect the bracket terminals top and bottom, and make the process of re-positioning easy. Once installed, a CL speaker can be directed precisely for the maximum musical effect. For added flexibility a supplied installation wedge advances the angle of rotation by a further 15º to extend the choice of firing angles.
Both the bracket and optional wedge allow you to run a cable through rather than around them for easier and neater installation.
Robust weather-proof construction
You can rely on Monitor Audio's meticulous engineering to protect the CL models from weather ingress. Their solid, sealed, high density polypropylene enclosures are specially treated to resist moisture and the effects of prolonged UV exposure. Aluminium grilles and rugged brackets are naturally equipped to prevent rust.
Get the right look, inside and outside
For a precise colour match with surroundings, or for maximum contrast, the CL cabinet can be sprayed in a custom colour. A paint mask is supplied with each speaker.
Sound quality is further optimised for the open environment through the use of an additional sealed ABR (Auxiliary Bass Radiator) to enrich low frequencies with extra punch and penetration.
Key feautures at a glance:
• Quick and easy installation
• High performance C-CAM tweeter and driver technology
• Robust solid sealed, high density polypropylene enclosure - UV rated.
• Full installation flexibility: 175º rotational bracket, (it also features angled sections and screw holes to provide corner fixing.)
• 15º angled wedge supplied for additional bracket versatility
• Anchor point for security chain attachment
• ABR (Auxiliary Bass Radiator) for added low frequency punch
• Aluminium grilles prevent rust
• *Textured white and black finish, paintable to suit décor (paint mask supplied)
• Rotational 'M' logo to align with portrait or landscape positions.
* A paint shield and grille removal tool are included for your convenience. However please be aware that the Climate Series cabinet material is Polypropylene, chosen for its acoustic, thermal and weather-resistant properties. It is difficult for paint to adhere to this material, thus requiring the use of special primer and paint or paint specially designed for use on plastics such as Polypropylene. Monitor Audio does not endorse any specific brand or type of paint for this purpose. Please do not attempt to paint this product or any of its parts unless you have the skills and knowledge to complete this task successfully.
Ceramic-Coated Aluminium/Magnesium is a material originally developed by the aerospace industry for jet engine components. Its properties are ideal for loudspeaker cones being extremely rigid, yet light enough to yield high overall efficiency. In manufacture, aluminium/magnesium alloy undergoes a three-stage stress-relieving process to remove surface deformation and molecular weakness. Once formed, the alloy cone is subjected to a high temperature anodic coating process in which a layer of pure ceramic alumina is depleted onto its surfaces to a depth of 50 microns, producing a completely rigid sandwich of alloy and heat-dissipating ceramic material.
Conventional cones are liable to flex or twist in operation, producing a significant level of audible distortion. C-CAM cones have a much higher resistance to bending stress and therefore exhibit much greater fidelity over their entire operating range. C-CAM tweeters and woofers share an audible consistency producing a smooth transition of frequencies and a sense of realism and cohesion in the soundstage.
Gold Dome C-CAM®
The gold dome tweeter is formed from a ceramic-coated aluminium/magnesium alloy, gold anodised to a specific thickness for ideal stiffness and damping characteristics. Its new profile and surround geometry have been developed using advanced modelling tools, to provide the optimum qualities for accurate sound reproduction. The new design moves the first order of breakup to beyond 35kHz, producing a linear response way beyond audibility, which matches the wide frequency bandwidth available from HD music and cinema sound formats.
The gold dome is thinner, lighter, more rigid and therefore more efficient than domes made from other materials which are prone to distortion in the audio band.