The GXW-15 is a brilliant example of state-of-the-art subwoofer design. In a gloriously glossy, rigid compact enclosure, we’ve installed an ultra-long throw 15” C-CAM bass driver, triple suspended for a full 38mm (1.5”) of linear excursion. Featuring a massive magnet structure, and under the DSP control of a 650W D2Audio®* DSP controlled amplifier, this extraordinary deep bass generator brings a new dimension to bass, and reference results for SPL, dynamic control and headroom. It may deliver taut gut-churning bass all the way down to a seismic 18Hz, but the GXW-15 is also an intelligent design, featuring an advanced automatic room correction system called LEO™* (Listening Environment Optimizer). LEO simply and automatically eliminates the detrimental bass boost of boundaries and corners through the use of a microphone and test tones. The GXW-15’s sealed enclosure and front firing driver make it easy to install. Calibration from the front-mounted controls and dimmable LED display is simple, even from a distant position. It’s equipped with a 12V trigger and remote control with four user EQ pre-sets.
• Ultra long throw 15” C-CAM® driver featuring triple suspension
• Large black anodized 3” voice coil and double stack motor system provides high power handling and low distortion
• Carefully optimized motor system design to reduce heat and improve efficiency
• Powerful 650Watt DSP Controlled amplifier (D2 Audio™*)
• Advanced full bridge switch mode power supply (SMPSU) Capable of delivering over 1200 watt peak power
• 12V trigger - provides switching control from A.V amp or processor
• Rigid, 25mm (1”) thick M.D.F construct
• Heavy radial cabinet bracing with separate amplifier partition
• Front mounted control panel for easy access and viewing
• The LEO™* system provides Automatic Room Mode Correction (ARMC) for easy set up and perfect sound quality
• Remote control with 4 user EQ settings
• Selected real wood veneer or high gloss piano finishes
*LEOTM and Listening Environment OptimizerTM are Trade Marks of D2Audio®.
LEOTM and D2Audio are Registered Trademarks of Intersil Corporation
C-CAM® Bass Drivers
Ceramic-Coated Aluminium/Magnesium is a material originally developed by the aerospace industry for jet engine components. Its properties are ideal for loudspeaker cones being extremely rigid, yet light enough to yield high overall efficiency. In manufacture, aluminium/magnesium alloy undergoes a three-stage stress-relieving process to remove surface deformation and molecular weakness. Once formed, the alloy cone is subjected to a high temperature anodic coating process in which a layer of pure ceramic alumina is depleted onto its surfaces to a depth of 50 microns, producing a completely rigid sandwich of alloy and heat-dissipating ceramic material.